Hamanasi’s Cho Cho Soup
Serves about 6-8 people
- Cho Cho – 3 lbs, peeled, seeded, rough chop (called Christophene or Chayote in the U.S.A.)
- Canola Oil – 2 Tbsp.
- White Onion – 1, rough chop
- Celery – 2 stalks, rough chop
- Stock or Water – 12 cups (vegetable or chicken stock)
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- In deep hot pot add canola oil, onions and celery to sauté lightly for 2 minutes.
- Add in cho cho and sauté for another 2 minutes then add in your water or flavored stock.
- Allow to boil until cho cho is soft then let cool before pureeing in blender.
- Once pureed, season with salt and pepper to your desired flavor.
- Serve hot.
Happy Cooking & Eating
Hamanasi’s Kitchen Staff