“ Dis da fi we” DONUTS hot off the Hamanasi oven by Chef Sheridan. Try our “Family” recipe below:
Quick Rise Yeast 5 tsp.
Warm Water ½ cup
All Purpose Flour 6 cups
Cinnamon Powder ¼ tsp.
Low Fat Milk(lukewarm) 1 ½ cups
Light Brown Sugar ½ cup
Kosher Salt 1 tsp.
Vegetable Shortening (melt) 1/3 cup, shortening should be warm not hot
- 1. In small bowl mix together the yeast and warm water and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
- 2. In mixing bowl with dough hook add in the flour, milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon powder, eggs and shortening immediately followed by the yeast and water mixture.
- 3. Mix on low speed until dough comes together, add more flour if necessary to form dough that is soft and not sticky but not dry.
- 4. Place dough on lightly greased surface, cover with the same mixing bowl but lightly grease the inside of the mixing bowl in order to prevent the dough from sticking before you cover the dough.
- 5. Allow dough to at least double in side then roll to at least ½ inch thick on lightly greased surface.
- 6. With the standard hollowed out soup can, cut doughnut circles and with your index finger punch a ring in the center of the doughnut and swing it out until the ring is the size of a large marble, use both index fingers together for this process.
- 7. Place doughnuts on lightly greased baking sheet to rest until double in size.
- 8. While doughnuts rise, in a medium size deep pot add in vegetable oil half way to heat but not too high or else when frying the doughnuts they will brown too fast and not allow for the inside to completely cook evenly.
- 9. While oil is heating take 4 Tbsp of Butter, about 1 ½ cups of Icing Sugar, ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract and about 3 Tbsp of Hot Water then mix all together with a hand held whisk to form a Creamy Glaze. Add more icing sugar if glaze is too thin, and add a little more hot water if glaze is too thick.
- 10. Add your double in size doughnuts to the pot of hot oil and allow to brown for a few seconds on one side, then flip doughnut with a fork to brown on the other side, this is a fast process.
- 11. Place doughnuts on a wire rack or a plate lined with parchment paper once removed from oil, immediately drizzle the Creamy Glaze on to the doughnuts and you are now done.
- 12. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!