The Hamanasi Restaurant
Fine dining is a big part of what puts Hamanasi among the best resorts in Belize
. We routinely get gushing compliments on our cuisine and one of our chefs, Marcia, was among the first 10 chefs to pass a new country wide certification for Belize culinarians. We get so many requests for recipes from guests hoping to take a little bit of their Belize vacation
home with them that we decided to make a category just for these little tastes of Belize. You've found it, now give them a try and let us know what you think - Enjoy!
Another one of our guest favorite meat dish is our Braised Jerk Lamb Chops.
Hamanasi’s Jerk Braised Lamb Chops
Lamb Chops 5 lbs. trim fat Salt
2 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Jerk Seasoning
3 Tbsp. Tomato Sauce
½ cup Canola Oil to coat pot
Water three times amount to cover lamb
• Season lamb with salt, cayenne pepper, jerk seasoning and garlic powder right before putting them in the very hot deep pot coated with on the inside with canola oil.
• Once lamb caramelizes on both sides cover with water, add in tomato sauce and cover. Cook for at least a minimum of 2 hours or until liquid reduces exposing half of the lamb and make sure lamb is tender. Add more water if needed.
• Check flavor and add in more salt if needed.
• In a small frying pan add in 5 tbsp of butter and equal parts flour to make a roux which you will use to thicken the lamb gravy.
• Remove the lamb from the gravy then add in the roux piece by piece to thicken the gravy to the consistency you prefer.
• Place the lamb back in the gravy once the consistency is to your choice.
• Serve with your choice of sides, Happy cookings from the Hamanasi kitchen!
Here is another one of our tasty and mouth watering lunch recipes – Hamanasi’s Chicken Fajita Burrito
- Vegetable Oil 1 Tbsp.
- Chicken Breast strips 1
- Sweet Pepper strips ¼ c.
- White Onion strips ¼ c.
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
In hot frying pan add in your vegetable oil and all other ingredients, sauté until caramelized.
- Flour Tortilla, room temperature 1 ea.
- Pureed Beans, seasoned, hot 1 pot spoon
- White Rice, hot 1 pot spoon
- Chicken/Vegetable Mixture
- Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Place flour tortilla on clean cutting board, spread your beans, followed by rice, sautéed chicken/vegetable mixture topped with cheese, roll close and place in a hot oven for 3 minutes on stainless steel pan or in a microwave oven for 1 minute or until hot to the touch.