Another one of our guest favorite meat dish is our Braised Jerk Lamb Chops.
Hamanasi’s Jerk Braised Lamb Chops
Lamb Chops 5 lbs. trim fat Salt
2 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Jerk Seasoning
3 Tbsp. Tomato Sauce
½ cup Canola Oil to coat pot
Water three times amount to cover lamb
• Season lamb with salt, cayenne pepper, jerk seasoning and garlic powder right before putting them in the very hot deep pot coated with on the inside with canola oil.
• Once lamb caramelizes on both sides cover with water, add in tomato sauce and cover. Cook for at least a minimum of 2 hours or until liquid reduces exposing half of the lamb and make sure lamb is tender. Add more water if needed.
• Check flavor and add in more salt if needed.
• In a small frying pan add in 5 tbsp of butter and equal parts flour to make a roux which you will use to thicken the lamb gravy.
• Remove the lamb from the gravy then add in the roux piece by piece to thicken the gravy to the consistency you prefer.
• Place the lamb back in the gravy once the consistency is to your choice.
• Serve with your choice of sides, Happy cookings from the Hamanasi kitchen!