Actively Supports the Hopkins Eco Club
The Hopkins Eco Club teaches children about the environment around us and how they can help to protect it. Over 30 kids currently are members of the Eco Club. Periodically, our Green Team teaches them about important sustainability topics such as CPR, composting, gardening, recycling and more.
Participates in Festivals Educating Locals about Green Initiatives
Our Green Team is proud to take part in different festivals that take place throughout Belize including the Mango Festival and the Hopkins Day Festival. These festivals allow our Green Team to meet with other like-minded groups and individuals and share ideas and information on our green initiatives with the public.
Hosts Weekly Green Hour for Hamanasi's Guests
For our in-house guests, once a week our Green Team puts together a small presentation in our bar (during Happy Hour, of course!) to inform guests about who they are and what they do. This allows guests time to ask team members questions about what we do behind the scenes and what we have planned for the future. This is sharing time, and they are always excited to hear new ideas from our guests!
What Can You Do?
Attend the weekly green hour while at Hamanasi to find the latest info on what our Green Team is up to and how you can help. We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. Please click here
to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects or contact us
directly with any questions you may have about our various initiatives.
Sustainability tips for your stay at Hamanasi:
- Refill your water bottle for excursions to cut down on waste.
- Reuse your towels to help reduce water and chemical use.
- Have respect for local cultures and customs. Don’t judge. Listen and learn.
- Dispose of all trash responsibly.
- Ensure people’s enjoyment of nature in solitude by traveling quietly.
- When diving and snorkeling never touch plant and animal life. Minimize fin movement, which stirs up sand that can choke the reef.
- Never chase an animal – while hiking, diving or snorkeling.
- Stay on trails.
- Do not take souvenirs from nature or archeological sites.
- Turn off lights, water and air conditioners when you leave your room.
- Minimize water use. Turn off taps when shaving or brushing teeth.
- Join environmental groups and support environmental causes.
- Contribute to the local community by donating time, talent or treasure.
- Learn more and teach others about ways to reduce negative impacts on the environment!
Together we can preserve our world for future generations!
Thank you for helping us to protect our environment. Again, we welcome your ideas feedback and suggestions.
Together we can make a difference!